2016 CHRISTMAS WISH LIST
Fortunately, we can purchase food items at a reasonable cost through North Texas Food Bank. Cash donations are always appreciated. We use them to purchase our perishable goods such as lettuce, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, green peppers, carrots, butter, milk, eggs, meats, etc. The following are items we need that we cannot purchase through NTFB:
• Large Sized caned goods
• Potato Chips 30 or 50 bags per Box
• Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
• Nacho Cheese #10 Cans
• Sweet pickle relish – large jars
• Non-sugar cereals such as Raison bran, cheerios, etc.
• Folgers Coffee 3#, Gal size tea bags
• Plastic Forks, Spoons, Knives
• Styrofoam soup bowls
• Pam Cooking Spray
• Trash Can Liners, 13 gal & 33 gal
• Sandwich, Quart & 1 gal Zip Lock Bags
• Brown Paper Bags 12#
• Deodorant – small size
• Hotel samples of shampoo, lotion, body wash
• Travel size toothpaste
• Toboggan hats
• Sleeping Bags
• Tents, for our homeless to protect from the cold
IF YOU CAN GATHER OR PROVIDE ANY OF THESE ITEMS just bring them by Grand Central Station at 110 Throckmorton, Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 AM and 1 PM or Saturday between 9 AM and 11 AM. Thank you so much for your help!
FIND OUR VOLUNTEER APPLICATION HERE
Grand Central Station – The Dining Car opened Oct. 11, 2010.
We are currently serving a full lunch meal to 125-150 individuals per day. So far we have served 118,096 meals! Our 200 plus volunteers have given over 32,855 hours since opening in 2010.
Over 20 churches are involved with the operations of The Dining Car along with other organized groups in the community.
The mission of Grand Central Station – The Dining Car is to operate as a local outreach mission sponsored by a group of Grayson County, TX churches that share a commitment to help reduce the effects of resource limitations by helping those in need.
We hope to do this by providing:
- Nutritious meals to alleviate hunger
- Education, training, and social services to empower lives
- Opportunities for Community Service to invite justice
Phone: 903-957-0264 Fax: 903-957-0248
We are located at 110 Throckmorton just 2 blocks east of the railroad tracks on Lamar Street in Sherman, Texas – between Lamar and Houston Streets.